Our Philosophy is to restore each vintage timepiece to as close to original factory specifications as possible. We examine and estimate to produce the best mechanical and aesthetic/appearance as possible. Only a proper servicing will ensure the function of the timepiece, its longevity, and will facilitate the next servicing. Each watch is thoroughly examined and detailed estimates are provided based on the findings, type of watch and owner’s input.
- Each estimate is provided individually after examining the timepiece.
- We have a charge for estimate, administration, shipping and handling. This fee is $45 for most vintage watches.
- We do not do any “short” or “partial” service on vintage watches that we have not done a complete service on in the past. We will be happy to make a recommendation for a partial service (ie. replace crystal, clean case, timing adjustment) when we were the last to perform a Complete Service.
- It is not possible to fully disassemble each watch for estimate. Vintage estimates are itemized by labor plus parts costs. Out of production and vintage timepieces are estimated with a range to allow for additional parts and labor commonly found during repair.
- Our estimates are sent by mail, fax or e-mail. We ask for a signed copy to be returned to us and a deposit of 50% of the lower estimate range if approved. If declined, we ask you to return a copy of the estimate with your check for the administration and shipping fee. We are not set up for credit card payment.
- Each timepiece is worked on individually. We are not a “trade” shop.
- We do not sell parts. All parts are by exchange only.
- We do not have separate pricing for third parties (Jewelers).
- We prefer to present the findings and estimate to the watch owner directly, to allow for concise and accurate information about service.
- We do not work on counterfeit watches.
- We request that the watch owner contact us in one month after the repair to tell us how the watch is performing. 10% of our customers also receive a follow-up letter in 6-8 months to be sure there have not been any unanswered questions or problems with the watch.